So, for the first time in my life I've complained about a TV programme - or rather the lack of it. I guess it won't affect anyone else and it may bring me further back into line with the rest of the human race by allowing my body clock to move round by an hour! Channel 4 have been trying to dump Countdown (God knows why - some hairy, spotty little oik of a 'creative' executive thinks it doesn't fit the Channel's 'image', no doubt), as they've been bouncing it around the early morning schedules so that the start time varies by about 45 minutes. But I'd got used to checking the schedule. Sigh.
16th November: That was fast! All credit to Channel 4, they responded very quickly, even if they did think I was complaining about the re-scheduling of The Treacle People (!?!) - having cleared up what I was ranting about, they told me that it wasn't being repeated because of a scheduling decision.
Really, what can one say? Of course it's not being shown because of a scheduling decision - asinine numbskulls. Did they think that I thought they'd mislaid it? "Oh, terribly sorry and thank you for pointing out that we'd forgotten to include it in the schedule at that point." Plonkahs.
And what has usurped the position? St Elsewhere - what appears to be a very dreary soap shot in monochrome, it looks like a sort of House without the edge of seat anarchy and humour. Not what I want to wake up to on a cold winter's morning. They tell me that they've passed me complain on to the person responsible. Oh yeah ;-(
I'm very glad to say that it's back (been back for a little while now) in its early morning slot(s), which means that I can get dressed and ready for work with something interesting to distract me. Hoorah! But it does mean that I've missed all the octochamp contests - Boo!
ReplyDelete