Saturday, 28 July 2012

NHS rant


If you refer back a year ago, you will find a similar story.  I didn't bother with December's episode, which had the same farrago of nonsense, but the latest one is spectacular.

Do not read if you are bored with this:
  1. Make appt in good term to get blood tests done for medicine review, told need new appointment, but that I can order repeat prescriptions.
  2. Order repeats; do not notice short-changed one item (there are a lot of them)
  3. Have second blood test appointment,
  4. Have Doctor's appt for review,
  5. Run out of anti-oedema tablets; go without for two days.
  6. Get emergency prescription for enough to synch with the remaining meds. Request count not decreased.
  7. Pick up meds, count is decreased, write letter to Doctor explaining the situation
  8. Put in request for repeat items ten days later...
  9. Not only has the count not been rectified, they tell me I have enough to last me when I very shortly run out.
  10. Writing stinking letter to all and sundry, expect it to go where all the other stinking letters go.
This is simply asinine stupidity. I pointed out over a year ago that this fault in the system would ensure that everyone using this Internet system would suffer this intensely annoying kind of problem, so I have to write another letter, go into the surgery to explain this, get an appointment with someone to hear my complaint, get a repeat for the missing item and what's worse: THEY ARE GOING TO SCREW IT UP AGAIN. I know they are busy, but this idiocy in both staff and system is costing them as well as me time and effort to correct. There will have been five additional appointments + a further two letters + 3 emails, this time round with four car journeys for me.

1 comment: