Just a quick post to say sorry I haven't blogged recently (or even commented much), but Ms MarmiteLover has rightly jogged my elbow. I haven't given up, but as might be deduced from some of last year's posts I don't do the Winter celebrations too well and hibernate. More health aggro abounds. The vast panoply of my ailments means that every time the surgery wants to meet some target or other for referral, I'm a sitting duck... so I get to have some exploratories on something which has been the least of my problems for the last ten years. Mumble, grumble....
The more time is the weird thing - I'm now part-time (25 hours a week, in practice more like 30), although today with what we've got on I was in at 7 and didn't get away until about 2 ... However, let me not complain too much - I may be knackered. but not half as much as I would be if I had had to work until 5.30. Although the money is missed a bit I can survive on what I now get...
One of the entirely personal and weird targets I set myself as soon as I went part-time was to try to win with all factions in Alpha Centauri. You may gather from that, that I am a games freak but not the bash them up and shoot them down kind - more into Civilization building (a game to which I've been addicted for many years). Anyway, I've just achieved that. The combination of trying to restrict the time at the machine and the game has rather nobbled the blog. But I will return! And I am still reading the blogs I follow (rotten shark, yeuch)...
So Happy New Year to you all and I wish you well.
5 ways to cook Brussels sprouts
7 years ago
Happy New Year Chumbles!!! Nice to see you back :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's really kind of you. I'm still trying to keep up with your recipes!
ReplyDelete