Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Dorset Naga Chillis

This is going to be a mega-short post; I made my usual chilli con carné recipe (elsewhere in the blog), but for the chili element I took the plunge and bought some Naga chillis (5 chilli marks) - not cheap 10g for 74P. But I'd been eyeing them for some time and wondering whether they were worth it.

Chopped up they probably made about a half a teaspoon full (I also used about 8 ordinary chillis (2 chilli mark)). And they do actually add something of a real feeling of heat and flavour to the dish. But do be very careful when cutting them up - I washed my hands five times and still there was a trace of it on them! My view: worth it!

Addition: I've just looked up the Scoville rating for these and they're 923,000 on the scale! Blimey, no wonder I needed so little. That's some 19 times hotter than what I usually use and I don't feel such a wuss for washing my hands so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment