Thursday, 13 May 2010

Cats

No, not the musical. Every so often I have a problem in that one or two of the hordes of cats (7 in the houses of just the immediate neighbours and a further 6 within 15 yards) has taken to doing its daily dump on my paving. Now I like cats, a lot (I also like dogs, as well), but there is a problem here in that the normal discouragement method I use in the garden involves removing the labels from litre bottles of tonic and filling them with water - for some reason it makes our feline friends uncomfortable. However, I can hardly use that method where I park a car!

But so far I have tried chili powder across the paving - which works until it rains, whereupon the little blighter is at it again. And I'm still struggling to solve the problem via non-lethal methods... sigh.

What I don't understand is why this is happening; why the normal cat tray training has broken down and the thing has taken to shitting all over my parking space. I wouldn't mind so much if it kept to one spot, but it moves around and if I get in after dark, there's a chance I'll step in it and nothing, nothing smells worse. At one time it used to use the patch of ground which I grow my bluebells and poppies in, which wasn't too bad, but I suppose the abundant bluebells have displaced it. Time to search t'internet - I'll try and remember to let you know if I solve the problem.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I now know which and whose cat it is (caught red-handed, so to speak); and research and anecdote seem to show that something called "Get Off" is the thing to use, so I've ordered some! (The stockist list isn't accurate and I spent a fruitless couple of hours wondering around town trying to buy some.) Will update on use later. Mark you, it's not come near since I shouted at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't quite believe this, but I've got the stuff and haven't put it down yet - since I shouted at the offending moggie (which I hate doing because I actually like cats) it hasn't done its business on the paving again. Probably knows there is an arsenal of stuff awaiting it...

    ReplyDelete